Savino Del Bene is looking for the Branch Manager of its Vaasa branch, which is currently being opened.
Objectives of the role:
The role involves the start of the branch’s activities through the construction of work teams, the preparation of the necessary infrastructure and the expansion of commercial activity. In particular, it will take care of attracting new customers and developing the customer portfolio already managed by Savino Del Bene’s global network. Once the branch is established, the role involves the management of all operational and commercial activities in order to achieve the objectives of turnover and profitability.
- Formulate the branch strategy ensuring delivery of revenue and profit growth, in accordance with the set company strategy;
- Set performance goals and expectations;
- Supervise and direct commercial activities;
- Develop personal relationships with high-value accounts, generate new sales leads using company provided resources as well as from your own in order to grow the business and maintain the existing;
- Supervision of all freight forwarding operational activities (air, sea, ground) in the Lisbon branch;
- Hire people with appropriate skill sets to support company goals and objectives and provide
- support for those people to do the same;
- Responsible of training and driving the team for the achievement of the set targets;
- Lead and manage diverse team through influence and persuasion, even without direct oversight.
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor Degree preferred;
- 5+ years in the freight forwarding industry;
- Experience in management positions;
- Strongly committed with sales activity
- Ability to supervise the sales activities and to manage relationships with key customers;
- Strong negotiation skills with ocean and air carriers;
- Excellent communication, organization, listening and presentation skills;
- Leadership, human relations and communication skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- High level of ownership and passion;
- Good at people management and team motivation;
- Self-starter/self-motivated to accomplish goals and objectives;
- Fluent in Finnish and English.
At Savino Del Bene, you will join one of the world’s leading freight forwarders, focusing on excellence and customization of the services. You will be part of a global team where learning and career opportunities match with a friendly and human-centered environment.
The position is based in Vaasa (Finland).
Who we are:
Savino Del Bene is a multinational group of companies operating worldwide in international shipments and logistics support services. Established in Florence in the early twentieth century, over the decades the company has grown and specialized to reach its actual position as the largest Italian shipping company, in the top-20 at a worldwide level. With a network of more than 290 offices and over 4,400 employees across the five continents, the company manages air, sea, and land transport services through established relationships with the best carriers. When requested, it offers tailor-made logistics solutions for the shipment and distribution of any type of merchandise.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org