We are looking for a passionate and pro-active Paralegal who will provide general support to the C-Suite as well as assist external counsel in the areas of customs brokerage and freight forwarding contracts, strategic transactions, subsidiary governance and record-keeping, compliance and commercial and other contracts. The position will handle both substantive and administrative duties such as file management, legal contract management, and general clerical duties. It includes both ongoing duties and specific projects as assigned. Experience in the freight forwarding & cargo marine space is essential. This role reports directly to the C-Suite.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively and pro-actively work with executives, external counsel, clients, and other professionals on assigned cases and projects.
- Draft legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Research and analyze statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Manage collections in an organized manner
- Conduct internal compliance assessment on assigned regulatory compliance and risk management topics related to freight forwarding and logistics industry.
- Effectively manage workload and ensure accuracy and timeliness while handling multiple deadlines and priorities at once.
- Assists counsel with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This is not a remote role, must be comfortable commuting to Avenel, NJ office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required; Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years related experience required in comparable setting/industry
About Savino Del Bene USA:
Savino Del Bene is a multinational company, operating worldwide in international shipments and logistic support services. Established in Florence, Italy, over the decades, the company has grown and specialized to reach its actual position as the largest Italian shipping company and has enjoyed considerable growth year over year throughout Asia, North America and Europe.
Savino Del Bene provides a family oriented work environment. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players to join us in our success.
At Savino Del Bene, you will join one of the world’s leading freight forwarders, focusing on excellence and customization of the services. You will be part of a global team where learning and career opportunities match with a friendly and human-centered environment.
Send your complete CV at email@example.com