With a network of more than 270 offices and over 4,000 employees across five continents, Savino Del Bene is a leading freight forwarding company and we are currently looking for a Payroll/Benefits and HR Administrator to join our team in our Avenel, NJ office. The Payroll/Benefits & HR Administrator coordinates and manages the employee compensation, payroll and benefits programs. This role will also be responsible for other HR administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the technical side of HR while being challenged and wants to take ownership over their responsibilities. Willingness to grow coupled with a positive attitude and a true appreciation for diversity is a must. This role reports directly to the Head of HR for the United States
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers employee insurance programs including life, disability, and health insurance plans
- Administers Company’s 401(k) plan
- Advises and informs employees of changes and developments related to benefits including eligibility, coverage, and provisions
- Assist, plans and helps facilitate annual open enrollment
- Facilitates accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions and employee payroll deductions to carriers, plan administrators, or other appropriate service providers
- Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies
- Ensures and understands multi-state compliance
- Proactively communicate with staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Monitors administrators’ and insurance carriers’ reports to ensure the organization’s compliance with plan requirements
- Ensures the organization’s and plans’ compliance with the applicable provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA
- Processes annual EEO reporting
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits and other deductions
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements
- Administers all new hires and terminations and subsequent record keeping
- Proactively assists new hires and existing employees with benefit enrollment, life qualifying events and other pay and benefit questions throughout the year
- Responsible for ensuring employee files are accurately maintained
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits
- Utilize reporting functions within HCMS
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in compensation and benefits administration
- This is not a remote role, must be able to work in our office in Avenel, NJ
- Performs other related duties as assigned
**This is not a remote role, must be able to work on site in Avenel, NJ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor required
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of focus
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and payroll processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to function in a less structured environment coupled with an interest in implementing structure
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information at all times
- Ability and desire to take ownership while maintaining a strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and change
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related desired
- Three to five years of experience administering payroll and benefits mulit-state and mulit-site required
- Health insurance coverage including medical, dental and vision.
- Disability and Life Insurance with Accidental Insurance Coverage.
- 401k Retirement plan with company match.
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and personal time).
About Savino Del Bene USA:
Savino Del Bene is a multinational company, operating worldwide in international shipments and logistic support services. Established in Florence, Italy, over the decades, the company has grown and specialized to reach its actual position as the largest Italian shipping company and has enjoyed considerable growth year over year throughout Asia, North America and Europe.
Savino Del Bene provides a family oriented work environment. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players to join us in our success.
At Savino Del Bene, you will join one of the world’s leading freight forwarders, focusing on excellence and customization of the services. You will be part of a global team where learning and career opportunities match with a friendly and human-centered environment.
Send your complete CV at firstname.lastname@example.org